Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dress Shopping Part 2


Week of Dress Shopping:
Monday:
The Image: Small store in little Japan, friendly service, and great prices but was the first place that I felt they were pressuring me to make a decision and buy a dress. They had the Casablanca 1910 that I had tried on in dress shopping part 1 & it was for a great price. The sales lady was helpful in listening to what I had to say & making me realize that #1 I do like some bling on dresses just not too much, #2 One of the reasons I don't like ruching is because I like symmetry and many dresses with ruching are not symmetrical.
The Image
2130 Sawtelle Blvd #209
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Wednesday:
Glamour Closet - I did not find anything to try on the first time I came here, but they did have a good selection of designer gowns for about half off. Instead of me giving you tips for this place, check out A Los Angeles Love's post about her trip there, she has all the 411.
Glamour Closet
324 South La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Thursday:
Marylinn's Bridal: This is where I realized that many of the dresses online do not look the same in person, I don’t know if it’s the weird way many of the models pose (see pic to the left) but surprisingly some dresses look better in person then online. I tried on an Alvina Valenta dress that looked ok online but when I put it on it looked way better- I loved the is exactly what I was looking for, but it didn’t seem “bridal” enough, I felt more like I was going to a Hollywood Gala then my own wedding. I came here in hope that I would find the Jim Hjelm dress I thought resembled what I wanted in a dress the most (minus the hefty price tag), but nope it wasn’t there. Luckily the Alvina was and it confirmed that I did indeed want a trumpet dress. They have beautiful dresses here & the ladies are very sweet & oh so stylish. They had a beautiful hair flower made of feathers that they put on me & it also confirmed that I did indeed want that as well.
material and the way it fit, these aspects of the dress
Marylinn's Bridal
250 South Robertson Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Friday:
Winnie Courture: This was the first place that actually had the two dresses I had seen online & I was finally able to try on the dresses. I had a few dresses from other designers that I had printed, then looked at the “locations”, went to the store and they did not have the dress. I would soon find out that over 90% of the dresses I had listed as “fav” were no where to be found in L.A, so I could not even try them on – if it’s like that here, I can’t imagine how it is for brides in the Mid West! I liked both dresses I tried on, but was not crazy in love with them, I wanted more of a dramatic trumpet but one thing I really liked on the Winnie Couture Sonnorra dress was the paneling, it gave it a nice structured look. The dresses confirmed my love of what my cousin/MOH calls the “wonder belt”. I first realized I was attracted to the bling belts at Bridal Elegance when I put on the Casablanca 1910.
Winnie Courture
9393 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl!

    You're right about the Midwest thing....you can hang it up trying to try on a dress you've seen online, we're definitely at the mercy of what happens to be in the store.

    I can't wait to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like a little bling on the dress and didn't realize it till I started trying some on! Wonder which you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, all so pretty. Have you considered Melissa Sweet Lia dress? Marisa has a similar version at a much more reasonable price. Thanks for sharing all the dress candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment,they make my day :-)