Some good points:
- Talk to each other about what you expect of one another, the traditions you want to uphold, values, attributes, roles and responsibilities.
- Understand your differences and beliefs.
- Ask your partner, "what can I do for you?"
- Realize that there will be challenges to communicating, based on your own personalities and they was you were brought up.
- Don't say "always" (mi amor is guilty of this, and I do get very annoyed when he says "you always..." so I was very happy they said this.
- Don't withdrawal (whoopsie this is what I do, so he was happy they said this)
- Don't play the victim, don't make empty promises and don't trivialize.
For anyone that has to take these classes, I hope yours goes as well as ours did and for those that don't have to go to these classes, you may want to spend a day with your partner and just talk about how you can learn more about one another, solve conflict and what ways you can communicate better.