Monday, January 25, 2010

DIY: Emergency Tins for the Wedding Party

I've been thinking of doing this DIY since I saw a similar kit when I was staying at the Shade Hotel in Palm Springs with MOH/cousin for our friend's bday. The one at the hotel was in a little tin, had 2 tylenol, a towlette, and an antacid & cost probably $30 (this is what I like to call raping you up the you know what without spit).
I decide I can make these easily on my own & by on my own I mean I design them on my own and bridesman and mi amor help me assemble them :-)





1. I bought some tins for about $1 at Cost Plus at their after Christmas sale, I then put some Goo Gone on them that I bought at Michaels to remove the Christmas sticker on them. This was so easy!
2. I made a template in word, this took a long time only because I can spend hours finding the perfect font (perfect for me) and I also had to figure out how to center everything. The template says "If you've partied too hard relief is at hand..."

3. I printed it out and cut the sheets in half vertically with my Fiskars Paper Trimmer, this way I could put them through my Xyron XRN510 four at a time and not waste too much permanent adhesive. Then I trimmed them again individually.
4. Bridesman & mi amor assembled the tins, removing the backing of the adhesive and sticking the paper on the tin.
5. Now all that is left to do is buy the items that will go in it:
2- Tylenol  2 - Bandages  2- Alka Seltzer 2- Pieces of gum 
6. These are for the wedding party to put in their OOT bags (although only 1 person is technically from OOT, I am making an OOT bag for each person in the wedding party since we are hoping that they will be staying at the hotel with us :-) I liked the tins so much I made one for me & mi amor too.
How are your DIY projects going?


 


12 comments:

  1. $30!?!? Wow! So glad you are making these on your own! Much cheaper and look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! This will definitely be something I consider for our OOT bags. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necessary for sure at weddings and bet your guests will love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute idea. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! My sister in law is getting married this spring and I am for sure sharing this with her. Your blog is fabulous =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Such a great idea. Your wedding party will be very grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment,they make my day :-)