Monday, April 26, 2010

Let's start from the wedding and move backwards

I have sooo much to catch up on, so I thought I would start with the day of the wedding and work back words.  I can't believe it's already been 16 days since the wedding, at times it feels like it yesterday and others it seems so long ago like a dream that didn't really happen. Everyone keeps asking me"was it what you hoped for" and I always answer it was MORE than WE could have ever hoped for.  Our wedding was amazing not only because of us, but because of everyone that had their part in it.  From the very beginning we had decided that our wedding was not just about us getting married, it was also about our families and friends blending. One of my favorite comments that someone told us was that we were "the most loving, generous, inclusive and happy bride and groom of all time" this made me so happy to hear!
Here are a few tips that helped ensure that we enjoyed ourselves:

  1. Make an agreement with your fiance, your families and the wedding party that no matter what, you ALL will enjoy the day and won't let anything bother you, because all that matters is that we are all together. No stress, no worries, no drama for yo momma. 
  2. Let go and just be. My dad told me that he really liked how my husband (he he) and me were true to ourselves, he could see were we were not pretending to be a certain way, that we were enjoying every moment. We weren't worried of what people would say or think. As mi amor & I frequently say to each other when the other one is not understanding us "Just love me".
  3. Remember the wedding is not about the dress, the venue, or the decor, it's about proclaiming in front of all those that you love that you found your soul mate & you want to share that moment & celebrate it with them. Enjoy each moment with everyone that is there. My hubbie said the day after that it was the best day of his life, for me too it was the best day of my life.  Some tell you that it shouldn't be the "best day" of your life because you are setting yourself up for disappointment saying nothing will compare to that day, but for us this is not the case. It was the best day of our life because it was the day we married the person we always dreamed of, because it marked the day that we blended our families into one and because we got to spend 3 days partying with those most important to us in the entire world. 
This is us entering after we took the bride & groom pictures, thankfully my little bro (also groomsman) hooked us up with some Pico Sours, and as you can see, people came up to us as soon as they saw us. The guy in the black tux on the right is my groomsman, he was on the hunt for some apps for her since cocktail hour was just about to end.

MOH/Cousin fixing my bustle after my 85 year old great aunt stepped on it while doing a salsa move. Brides Man is in background supervising he he. I freaking LOVE this pic!




One of many photobooth pictures, can you believe 1/2 of the people in this picture had never met before the wedding! 



7 comments:

  1. I love LOVE your dress lady! It's so you and you are a sexy, stunning bride! Your Photobooth pictures look like so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS
    LOVE IT
    CANT WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That photobooth picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! Congratulations :) Looking forward to seeing and hearing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea! I love that you started posting recaps and advice. I too have advice for brides that I plan on sharing now that I am able to start recaps! :) Yours was great. We had a fabulous time, but I felt like the day flew by way too fast. My sister and mom also said they were shocked at how relaxed I was and how I didn't let any of the little things that went wrong bug me or stress me out. Such a good perspective to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! definitely agree that having fun no matter what is in the recipe for wedding day happiness. love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too nice and enjoyable moment and it was the best day of our life because it was the day we married the person we always dreamed of, because it marked the day that we blended our families into one and because we got to spend 3 days partying with those most important to us in the entire world.
    South Coast NSW accommodation

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment,they make my day :-)